Following new guidance from NHS England, you may be aware that from April 2015 all practices are required to provide online services for their patients. There are three main aspects to this service, namely
- ¨ online ordering of repeat prescriptions
- ¨ online appointment booking
- ¨ online access to medical records
As you know we have been offering online ordering for repeat prescriptions for a long time, and have done this through our practice website. In order to provide the other components of the service we need to use a system called ‘Patient Access’ which will provide all three together. Overall, we feel this seems a much clearer and well-presented platform for this service. We will be asking a group of patients to trial this for us initially and let us know what they think, before we consider changing over from the current system.
We are happy to confirm that our online services are now available, including online appointment booking and online viewing of some aspects of your medical records.
How do I get started?
1. To be able to use the system you must be aged 18 and over and have a computer with internet access.
2. You will need to have ‘Patient Access’ activated by the practice. To register for ‘Patient Access’ you will need to bring photo ID with you e.g. a passport, driving licence. You must come in person to the practice, please note that your registration details will not be given to a representative in order to protect patient confidentiality.
3. You will be given your individual Registration form which will provide you with your own specific login details and further instructions about how to use the service.
Please note: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a legal right to apply for access to health information held about you. If you require access to information before 3 years ago, please apply in writing to the Practice Manager. There may be a charge for this.
In addition to the services shown above please see the link below to our 'Statement of Intent' to enable and provide detailed coded information for those patients who would like to access their medical records online. This service will be available from 1st April 2016.
Statement of Intent - Detailed Coded Information